The settings for Just Dance 4's battles vary. Each setting has 2 different styles; one for each dancer. Whenever a dancer wins a round, the setting will change (Or stay the same depending on the situation) accordingly to fit with the dancer's setting from their song. In Just Dance 2014, the setting for Battles took place in a room with a VS sign in it and a screenshot of the current winner's setting appearing in the background during the battle.
There have been a total of 9 battles; 5 from Just Dance 4 and 4 from Just Dance 2014.
From Just Dance 4
- Rock N' Roll (Will Take You To The Mountain) vs Livin' La Vida Loca
- Super Bass vs Love You Like A Love Song
- Beauty and a Beat vs Call Me Maybe
- Tribal Dance vs Rock Lobster
- Moves Like Jagger vs Never Gonna Give You Up
From Just Dance 2014
- Kiss You vs Pound The Alarm
- C'mon vs #thatPOWER
- She Wolf (Falling to Pieces) vs Where Have You Been
- Gentleman vs Fine China
For Just Dance 4 all of the battles need to be unlocked on the Wheel of Gifts, but on the Wii U version only 4 need to be unlocked as Rock N' Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain) vs Livin' La Vida Loca is already unlocked. For Just Dance 2014, Kiss You vs Pound The Alarm is already unlocked while the rest can be bought for 20 Mojo Coins each.
- Tribal Dance vs Rock Lobster, Kiss You vs Pound The Alarm, and C'mon vs #thatPOWER are the only battles in which the dancers are from dances that are not Solo dances.
- The dancer for Fine China in Gentleman vs Fine China is from the Extreme Version. It is the only one to have a dancer from an alternate version be used as the representative
- Many dancers have slightly altered appearances from their original versions. Such examples include the dancer for Call Me Maybe having black hair instead of pink hair.